Thirty years ago, Sir Peter Shepherd, on behalf of the Bedern Hall Guilds of York laid the new foundation stone to restore and preserve this important building for the City. In the intervening years the Hall has provided a space for hire and social occasions for the benefit of the people of York and for visitors attending events from around the world.
A new era of heritage is planned and needs support. You could help our bid for Heritage Lottery Funding by making a donation today.
(This image was taken on the 29 October 1983 showing Sir Peter Shepherd laying the foundation stone for the Bedern Hall annexe, watched by, from left Mr Keith Groom chairman of the Bedern hall company, Mr Bill Bonney, master of the Guild of Builders, Mr Leslie Buckle, Deputy Master of the York Guild of Freemen and Mr Robert Stabler, Deputy Master of the Company of Cordwainers. Photo courtesy of the York Press).
The Bedern Hall Foundation has been launched to secure Bederns next thirty years and beyond with a new vision for the Hall that encompasses; education, preservation and accessibility. The Bedern Hall Foundation aims to raise £50,000 annually to enable this vision to be realised and to secure its future for the next generations.
If you would like to donate to help keep the Hall’s history alive you can do here.
Watch the video
Support opportunities for the Bedern Hall Foundation
There are many reasons to support the foundation and your organisation can utilise these opportunities, which may include:
- Raise your profile through association with this good cause
- Contribute to your Corporate Social Responsibility policy
- Support the ‘localism’ agenda
- Entertain your clients in a cause-related way
- Promote a specific product or service
- Involve your employees in external ‘team engagement’
- Gain valuable PR for your business
Unique benefits for supporting the Bedern Hall Foundation
We offer a unique membership service providing a range of benefits to supporters, which also helps to maintain and improve the venue’s historical fabric as one of York’s treasured attractions.
There are three levels of Bedern Hall Foundation membership:
- Personal Membership – £50.00 per year:
- Advance notice of invitations to special events
- Reduced prices at all public events held at the Hall, including ‘Your Local Lunch’ offers and special events
- Annual members only event with guest speakers and networking opportunities
- Special hire rates for personal social occasions
- One complimentary hire day per year for any occasion (excludes catering costs, but these are available at a reduced rate).
- Enterprise Membership – £500.00 per year. Designed for small and medium sized organisations and businesses. Includes all of the benefits in the personal membership, plus:
- Inclusion of up to 10 people for reduced price benefits
- An annual event for up to 10 delegates, including tea and coffee, onsite conference equipment and sandwich lunch or evening reception (Additional catering available at a reduced rate)
- Certificate of Guild Recognition on the Bedern Hall Foundation ‘Wall of Honour’ and an embossed certificate
- Permission to use the Bedern Hall Foundation image on letterheads and promotional material.
- Corporate Membership – £1,000.00 per year. For larger organisations and businesses that understand the need to support the historic buildings of the City and the traditions that are bound up with them. Corporate Members can take advantage of all of the benefits listed under Personal and Enterprise Membership plus:
- A ‘Meet the Guilds’ day – an alternative client networking event
- Book Bedern for a week – ideal for a group of groups of employees (This is for fives days, excluding weekends and is subject to availability)
- In addition to advance notice, Corporate Members will also enjoy preferred status at all public events at Bedern Hall.
In addition to the three membership options listed here, you may prefer to support the Bedern Hall Foundation with corporate sponsorship tailored to your own needs. Trust Funds and other charitable bodies may prefer this option. Please feel free to make contact to discuss your budget and mutual benefits and arrangements.
For further information download our leaflet here: Bedern Hall Foundation leaflet (PDF).
Show your support and join today: