Beautiful flowers are blooming in the Bedern garden and the smell of hot cross buns is in the air! Spring is upon us and we have lots of exciting events on our calendar for you to enjoy. From an Easter flower workshop to a new art exhibition, read on to find out more.
What could be more English than a traditional Afternoon Tea in York?
Served in the historic surroundings of Bedern Hall, it becomes even more special.
With our small but professional team of staff, Afternoon Tea at Bedern Hall is the perfect opportunity for friends and family to get together and celebrate that special occasion.
Less formal means more planning!
Here at Bedern Hall, we’ve had 25 years of helping our customers to create their unique events which has given us an understanding of the key elements which make up a successful day. So for those of you looking to tie the knot this year or beyond, here’s the unique Bedern Hall guide to planning your special day.
- Keep it simple– the more you try to fit in, the more chance there is of something going wrong. Concentrate on what matters most to you – the food, the flowers or whatever- and the rest will fall into place.
- Help us get inside your head. You will have a clear vision of how your special day will look and feel. Share that with us in whatever way you can; pictures, music, colours will all help us to help you.
- Start at the very end it’s a very good place to start!All events need a beginning, a middle and an end. Even special days have to end sometime, so try make it end on a high note. Work out where you’d like to be and what you’d like to be doing at the end of the day and work forward from that. It’ll help you to plan timings
- The more informal you want the day to be, the more planning is required. When couples tell us they don’t want a lot of fuss, what they really mean is they want a day which flows. Also, don’t leave out traditional elements of the day which you might regret when looking back.
- Have a table plan; it helps the day flow and stops arguments!. You can create and print great looking table plans here
- Let guests know what’s happening. Remember being a guest at a wedding and wondering when you’re going to get something to eat?! It helps, either on the order of ceremony card or on a handout, to have an approximate timetable for the day sketched out. People like to know where they’re supposed to be and what they’re supposed to be doing. Everyone will feel more relaxed and enjoy the day more.
- Please yourselves! Who’s getting married anyway? Don’t feel you need to order the sherry for Aunt Edna or provide for everyones’ little foibles. It’s your day afterall
- Remember; nothing is perfect, but by choosing Bedern Hall as your venue and letting us work with you then together we can get pretty close!
With daffodils blooming in our courtyard and garden terrace, spring is firmly in the air at Bedern Hall, providing a tranquil haven for productive business meetings in the heart of York’s bustling city centre.
Summer Meetings and Conferences at Bedern Hall York
This stonebuilt 14th century Hall provides a cool, stimulating and unusual working environment, and we offer flexible in–house catering with the emphasis on all that’s best for the season – some of which will come from our own gardens.
Medieval meets Modern at Bedern Hall, with fibre broadband available via WiFi free of charge.
Here at the Hall we’ve always done things just that little bit differently and that includes how we work with businesses holding meetings and conferences with us.
So it’s a real boost to have our approach to the often formulaic world of the conference recognised by Welcome to Yorkshire and The White Rose Awards as finalists in the Business Tourism category this year.
York’s top tourism businesses celebrated in the Visit York Annual Tourism Awards event at a prestigious Black Tie ceremony, held in the Grand Station Hall of the National Railway Museum on 3rd June.
There’s lot happening at Bedern Hall as we (finally) move into summer, including Your Local Lunch on 9th June from Noon. Our allotment gardens are looking good, so we are pleased to offer some fresh food inspired by a recent visit to Italy, including broad beans braised with olive oil and mint and a grilled chicken dish with caponata.
Talk & Walk at Bedern Hall
Is a new way to add interest and value to your Meetings and Events. A complimentary History Talk and Tour of the Minster Quarter is included when booking meetings at Bedern Hall for 20 delegates or more.
Friday June 19 2015, 5.45pm to 8pm
Our annual ‘thank you’ evening for Foundation Supporters.
We are pleased to welcome Dr Simon Woodward from Leeds Beckett University who will talk about the opportunities and challenges of presenting historic properties to the public.