Here at Bedern Hall, we’ve had 25 years of helping our customers to create their unique events which has given us an understanding of the key elements which make up a successful day. So for those of you looking to tie the knot this year or beyond, here’s the unique Bedern Hall guide to planning your special day.
- Keep it simple– the more you try to fit in, the more chance there is of something going wrong. Concentrate on what matters most to you – the food, the flowers or whatever- and the rest will fall into place.
- Help us get inside your head. You will have a clear vision of how your special day will look and feel. Share that with us in whatever way you can; pictures, music, colours will all help us to help you.
- Start at the very end it’s a very good place to start!All events need a beginning, a middle and an end. Even special days have to end sometime, so try make it end on a high note. Work out where you’d like to be and what you’d like to be doing at the end of the day and work forward from that. It’ll help you to plan timings
- The more informal you want the day to be, the more planning is required. When couples tell us they don’t want a lot of fuss, what they really mean is they want a day which flows. Also, don’t leave out traditional elements of the day which you might regret when looking back.
- Have a table plan; it helps the day flow and stops arguments!. You can create and print great looking table plans here
- Let guests know what’s happening. Remember being a guest at a wedding and wondering when you’re going to get something to eat?! It helps, either on the order of ceremony card or on a handout, to have an approximate timetable for the day sketched out. People like to know where they’re supposed to be and what they’re supposed to be doing. Everyone will feel more relaxed and enjoy the day more.
- Please yourselves! Who’s getting married anyway? Don’t feel you need to order the sherry for Aunt Edna or provide for everyones’ little foibles. It’s your day afterall
- Remember; nothing is perfect, but by choosing Bedern Hall as your venue and letting us work with you then together we can get pretty close!