Be Part of the team at Bedern Hall
At Bedern Hall we aim to provide a warm welcome to visitors and Your Residents alike, share our knowledge and to inspire a wider appreciation of this important medieval hall and volunteering plays a large part in achieving this.
We are creating a team of Visitor Welcome Volunteers to enable us to offer visitors a special experience when they visit. Why not play a part and make a difference?
If you are interested in heritage and York in particular then volunteering at Bedern Hall allows you to indulge your passion and share it with others. We provide the training; you just need to have the commitment and enthusiasm to help us succeed.
There are a variety of different opportunities available to match your skills and interests.
You could also consider some other types of roles;
- Leaflet Distribution: helping distribute our leaflets around the city
- Handyman: supporting with various maintenance activities such as moving items, painting, small repair jobs
- Courtyard gardener: providing hands-on help to make the courtyard and terrace look welcoming and attractive
- Events helper: helping set up for and manage our public events
- Cafe Volunteer – helping us to serve visitors in our popular cafe
- The Bedern Hall Foundation is our ‘Friends of Bedern Hall : joining their dedicated team of volunteers to run and organise events and set up activities and new initiatives
- Or something else that uses your skills
How to join us
To join our team read our Welcome Volunteer Role Description , Events Volunteer Role and Cafe Volunteer Role and then fill in our Bedern Hall volunteer interest form which you can use to indicate where you would like to help us and use your skills and we will be in touch with you.